POSTS:

Images of all posts can be located by clicking on "older posts"... while they are still a large portion of the the event in our various venues - all of which are featured. Thank you!
All contents ©

Tuesday 6 September 2016

#OTBWR's: Justine Elana Morley / Wood Diamonds and Other Eccentricities @ WR Community Centre Gallery




"In My Veins"                                $250.-
Justine Elana Morley                         

12” x12” on wood canvas 

Acrylic & Silk

It was a new process working on wood. I am primarily a silk artist which, I wanted to incorporate into this new  work.
Silk is painted with dyes, with a brush onto the silk by hand.
The silk pieces were infused into the gouache with a "gel" based finish. Throughout the process my imagined rain drops turned into leaves... imposing its will.
This experience has definitely encouraged me to continue working on wood. 

Contact:
Cell: 604-779-9744

Home: 604-541-3971

No comments:

Post a Comment